Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fighting fat: Week nine


Starting weight: 176 lbs. (BMI: 26.4 – overweight)
Oct. 30 weigh-in: 166 lbs. (BMI: 24.9 – normal)
Days worked out during week eight: 4

Hmm.

It seems as if 166 is my wall. I can't seem to drop below this weight for a sustained period of time.

Part of the problem may be due to my minor indulgences this past week. I went out to Old Chicago to grab some pizza and beers with my friends for the Rockies game on Thursday. Then I went to a Halloween party to indulge in some, um, spirits on Friday.

Although these extra days off aren't helping me lose weight, they may be helping me gain more strength. I've been steadily increasing my workout load for the past two weeks and my muscles haven't been as sore. Rather it's been the good “I need to keep lifting” soreness. As I predicted last week, my chest is in its growth phase. It feels more solid than I can ever remember. My legs are about to enter the growth phase. I went through my normal leg routine last night and felt nothing afterward. Perhaps it's time to increase the weights.

As this new week begins, my plan is the same as last week's: drop down to 165 pounds. It should be much easier to do as there is nothing (so far) that should tempt me from sticking to my diet and workout regiment.

I'm worried that I'll begin to lose motivation as the holidays approach. I need to find a goal to work toward so that doesn't happen. It's too early to go into heavy training for the dragon boat festival. Getting too cold to start training for tennis.

Any suggestions?

No comments: