Monday, January 26, 2009

2009: Fighting the fat, part deux - chapter two

Three weeks into my new diet and exercise regiment, I've noticed that when I'm focused, it's easy to manipulate my body.

When I started, I was 186 lb. at home (190.0 fully clothed at work). Last Friday, I weighed in at 180 (184.0). A solid two-pounds-a-week rate. It's right on pace with my goal of 171 (175.0) by Feb. 27.

My gameplan's been working. I've been consistent with my six-days-a-week workouts and the Chipotle diet is delicious and healthy. The alcoholic consumption cap has been pretty easy. I've been averaging three beers a week. I've broken the fast-food rule once — I had a hankering for some fries last Friday. But I got a value size from Wendy's and two pieces of baked chicken from King Soopers.

Starting today, I've altered my routine slightly.
  • Two-a-day workouts
    This won't be all six days, but if I can hit it three or four days in the week, it'll be beneficial. I woke up early to hit the gym this morning.
  • More food consumption?
    I haven't decided on this yet. I'm letting the outcome of this week dictate whether I need to eat more or not. If I lose more than three pounds on Friday, it means yes.

No comments: