Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why Overland High School's Class of 2001 rocks

It's been eight years since I left Overland, but it's been fun seeing how my classmates have been faring since graduation.

After high school, Yemi Nicholson went to Fort Lewis before transferring to the University of Denver. There, he emerged as one of the dominant centers in the Sun Belt conference, ranking near the top in scoring, rebounding and blocks. He spent some time with the NBA D-league before going over to play pro ball in Germany.

Brendan Schaub got BIG since high school. Holy crap, I still remember him being that skinny 5'3" freshman in my French class who surprised all of us when he showed up to class in a football jersey. After high school, he grew into a 6'4", 240-pound man who played fullback at the University of Colorado at Boulder. When a tryout with the Buffalo Bills didn't pan out, he went into mixed martial arts. He's going to be on the new season of UFC's "Ultimate Fighter."

If I remember right, David May was our class vice president (I could be mistaken, correct me if I am). Since graduating, he ventured into the realm of film. I remember seeing him at one of the Starz Film Festivals when he had a short playing. His claim to fame was making onto the short-lived Fox reality show "On the Lot" where he was the seventh person eliminated.

Update: After posting this blog, I got curious about the rest of the class, so I went onto Facebook and looked at the class. Kinda surprising to see who got married, who lost weight, who got fat and who still seems to be the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, amazing where people end up after high school isn't it? I am looking for a long lost friend who also graduated from Overland in 2001. If you have time I'd love to find out if you knew of him. Email me at Christina_0585@yahoo.com. I promise I am not a spammer or hack. I lost touch with this friend after my Dad passed away and I was forced to move to Northern Colorado. Looking to reconnect. Thank you. :)