Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fighting fat: Week 10


Starting weight: 176 lbs. (BMI: 26.4 – overweight)
Nov. 6 weigh-in: 165 lbs. (BMI: 24.7 – normal)

It took a few weeks, but I finally dropped some more weight.

It was only a pound, but that's a pound less than I was last week. I believe the key ingredient has been more sleep.

The more impressive fact – impressive to me, at least – is that I'm becoming much stronger and agile than I have been in the past. The speed of my lateral twist running speed is increasing. My burst speed is improving somewhat – I haven't been working on that as much yet.

The only thing is – my right arm is noticably larger than my left. I don't think there's that much of strength difference between the two, though I could be wrong. One of my major focuses during the past two weeks has been building my arms and shoulders. Between every shoulder exercise, I do a bicep or tricep exercise.

Needless to say, my arms have been a little fatigued. This asymmetry worries me a little, but I'm going to try and fix it in the coming weeks.

It's been a while since I've checked my body fat percentage. I figure I'll go in either tomorrow or Thursday and check it out.

Meanwhile, my Chipotle diet has been working well. Perhaps I should go offer my story to the company for some free food.

Goal for week 11: Going to try and drop down to 163. If I work at it, 160 by Thanksgiving isn't out of the question.

1 comment:

CH said...

Mean Gene's at the door. They shouldn't keep him waiting.