Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fighting fat: week 11


Starting weight: 176 lbs. (BMI: 26.4 – overweight)
Nov. 13 weigh-in: 165 (BMI:
Days worked out in week 10: four

Whoo! New milestone — I'm down to 16.3 percent body fat, which places me in the “fitness” range. That's down from 18.5 percent in week five and 21.5 percent from week two.

With the holiday season coming up, I should have more time to kick it into intense mode and become a gym hermit. I'm hoping to drop below 13 percent and into the “athletes” range by the end of the year. But this requires a lot of time and discipline.

I'm enjoying that I'm starting to look more balanced. My arms are getting thicker, my back's filling out, my butt's gaining muscle mass. It's pretty sweet.

But my chest is still growing considerably. It's interesting not being able to fit into some of my old shirts because of muscle and not flab.

I'm planning on dropping two pounds in this next week. I need to make up for the weight I wasn't able to lose last week. I'm only planning on taking either Wednesday or Thursday off. The rest of the time, I'll be at the gym.

(And yes, that's the "Mortal Kombat" movie soundtrack playing in the video clip)

No comments: