Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fighting fat: Week four



Starting weight: 176 lbs. (BMI: 26.4 – overweight)
Sept. 25 morning weigh in: 169 lbs. (BMI 25.3 – overweight)
Days worked out during week three: five

How the heck this this happen?

It's a pleasant surprise to lose two pounds this week – I was expecting to be heavier than I am right now. My nephew graduated from the Art Institute on Friday so we had a family party on Saturday. The thing about our family parties is that there's tons of food and it's all delicious. I ate way more than I should have that night. Then we hit up the club and partook in some alcoholic beverages. How many? Lets say it was slightly less than the number of fingers I have. Add in some late-night burgers and ribs and it was a fitting end to a night of gluttony.

I probably took in 3,000-4,000 calories from dinner to when I came home. Yeah. Not doing that again anytime soon.

Add that to my recent acquisition of NCAA Football '08 and it's a double-edged sword against me – Speaking of which, I created my alma mater Metro State. It's year six and the 'Runners are the three-time defending Sun Belt conference champs and are currently ranked No. 15 in the AP, ahem, “Media” polls.

I suppose I compensated by increasing my workout warm-up cardio to 30-45 minutes. But it leaves me wondering, how light would I be if I didn't give into my indulgences?

There's more temptation this weekend with another family gathering. I just need to stick to my guns and stay with moderate portions.

To recap, I have two weeks and two days to drop three pounds. My goal for next Tuesday is to reach my goal and be at 166 pounds. It's nice being able to reach notch six on my belt again.

No comments: