Monday, September 17, 2007

Last second: the sequel

I love the Broncos and nothing is sweeter than a close victory, but just once this season I want to see them beat the living snot out of someone. My heart can't handle these last-second heroics by Jason Elam anymore.

Two weeks, two late game-winning field goals by Elam.

Excuse me while I check my pulse.

Denver held a 17-3 lead at halftime before the Raiders scored 17 unanswered points to take the lead. The Broncos drove the ball down the field to set up an Elam field goal to tie the game, forcing it into overtime.

That's when my heart stop.

The Raiders lined up for a field goal and it looked as if they were going to win. But Mike Shanahan called a timeout, killing Sebastian Janikowski's kick. When he tried again, it bounced off the uprights.

The Broncos marched down the field and gave Elam an easy chip shot for the victory.

I love close football games – except when it involves my team. I want them to demolish anyone and everyone in their path. They face Jacksonville next week – lets hope for a good ol' fashion 42-7 butt-whoopin'.

No comments: